Ep 5. Did I just waste $275,000?
When I shared on social media that I’d had my baby, one of the first questions I received was: how am I planning to juggle work and being a mom and the answer was: I had no idea.The truth was, I wasn’t sure I wanted to go back to practicing because a [not so] tiny part of me wanted to be a stay at home mommy and chill with my baby all day. But another part of me felt like by not going back to work, I would be essentially wasting all the money I spent on my degree. After months of praying, talking to my hubby, therapist, and accountant (lol), I finally made the decision to pause my career as an OT and stay at home full time with my baby. Today on the show I’m talking about how I made peace with the decision but more importantly how I have allowed myself to step back without feeling like I’m wasting my degree, and therefore my money. If you’re a new mama, or soon to be mama, and you’re feeling torn about whether you want to continue practicing, then this is the episode for you.
In today’s show, we’re chatting about:
- How I shifted my mindset to make peace with becoming a stay at home mama
- How having an OT lens/brain has served me in motherhood
- Why you're definitely not "wasting" your money and degree
- The steps to take to financially prepare to stay at home
- The major sacrifices and adjustments we've had to make
- A big, exciting life update!
- Encouragement for mama's who do need to return to work
- Blog: 5 Steps to Financially Prepare to Become a Stay at Home Mama
- Freebie: The Crash Course in Job Negotiation for the Fresh New Graduate
Get in touch
- Subscribe: https://www.mirraclemoney.com/podcasts/the-mirracle-money-podcast
- Website: https://www.mirraclemoney.com/